Integrity Senior Solutions Inc is proud to partner with Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Company and its affiliates to offer Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans. Mutual of Omaha issues policies under its affiliates, United World Life Insurance Company, Omaha Insurance Company, and United of Omaha Life Insurance Company. When our President and Founder, Keith Murray, first became an independent agent in 1999, Mutual of Omaha was the first company he contracted with to offer Medicare supplement plans.
Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Company was founded in 1909. When Medicare went into effect in 1966, Mutual of Omaha was one of the very first companies to offer Medicare supplement coverage. They are financially sound, having been consistently rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best (as of March 2019). Adding to their financial stability is the fact that Mutual of Omaha companies
Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplement plans are available in every US state except Massachusetts. Different plans are available in different states. However, Plan F and Plan G – two of the most popular plans- are available in every state where a Mutual of Omaha company offers Medigap plans.
Neither Mutual of Omaha or its affiliates nor its Medicare supplement insurance policies are connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program.
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Benefits
When you choose a Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplement, here are some of the benefits you will receive:
- Ability to utilize any doctor, specialist, or hospital anywhere in the country that accepts original Medicare
- Coverage is guaranteed renewable for life
- 12% household discount (where available)
- Initial 12-month rate lock
- No policy fee on the application
- 30 day free look period
Why Choose a Medigap Plan From Mutual of Omaha?
- Easy, quick online electronic application (CLICK)
- Immediate no-hassle online quote without giving personal information (CLICK)
- Policies issued same day in most cases
- Immediate email delivery of temporary coverage ID cards upon approval
- Outstanding claims handling and customer service
- Online secure access to claims history and Explanation of Medicare Benefits forms through their customer portal
- Peace of mind from partnering with a major, established carrier with an A+ rating
Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plan F
All Medicare plans are standardized by the federal government. This means that Plan F (or any lettered plan) is identical from company to company. A Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplement Plan F will provide the same great benefits as any other Plan F with another company. It covers all deductibles for hospital and outpatient care. It also covers the coinsurance for all services approved by Medicare.
Because of changes coming to the Plan F in 2020, we are no longer recommending the Plan F (link). We recommend considering at the Plan G or Plan N.
With Plan F or any other Medigap plan, you can go to any doctor, specialist, or hospital that accepts original Medicare. There are no networks to be concerned with.
Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plan G
The only difference between Plan F and Plan G as you can see in the chart below is that Plan G does not cover the Part B deductible. In 2019, that annual deductible is $185. Yet, often the difference in premium between these plans is a few hundred dollars per year or more.
However, with the changes coming to the way Medicare plans are structured beginning in 2020 under the MACRA law, Plan G will now be the preferred plans for those who qualify for Guaranteed Issue coverage. The rate stability we have seen over the last few years will likely go away as Guaranteed Issue Enrollees no longer have the option to choose Plan F for their coverage. More people with pre-existing conditions will be enrolling in Plan G because of the new rules.
Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plan N
If you are looking for a lower premium in exchange for covering some of your own medical expenses out of pocket, Plan N may be the best option for you. Like the Plan G, The Plan N does not cover the annual Part B deductible. Also, you will also be responsible for a doctors visit co-pay of up to $20 per visit. There is a $50 co-pay for emergency room visits. If you are admitted to the hospital as a result of your emergency room visit, that deductible is waived.
Plan N also does not cover Excess Charges. However, your provider cannot charge you more than 15% above what Medicare approves for any procedure or visit. That 15% they are allowed to charge is called an Excess Charge. We cover Excess Charges in depth at the article at this link.
Mutual of Omaha Client Portal
Mutual of Omaha has one of the best portals for their policyholders of any company. You can see all of your Explanation of Medicare Benefits (EOMB) forms online. You can also order a replacement ID card and even pay your bill online if you so choose. Your policy benefits and claims information is all available on your portal, as well.
Mutual of Omaha Online Enrollment
Our agency is allowed to have you enroll directly with Mutual of Omaha through our agency portal. That portal can be found here –
If you enroll through our portal, you will still receive the benefits of working with an independent agent. The premium is identical whether you enroll through Integrity Senior Solutions or directly with the company. However, by partnering with us, you get many additional FREE benefits like:
- We handle any customer service or claims issues for you. Mutual of Omaha has what is probably the best customer service and claims department in the business. But that won’t really matter for you. If you have an issue, you call us. You do not have to call the insurance company and hold endlessly to get your situation resolved. We do that for you!
- We will continue to shop the market for you. The company you enroll in without using an independent agent will never tell you their competitor’s pricing. They will never tell you of their upcoming rate increases or their history of rate increases. Things can change quickly in the Medicare market. We will be there to proactively watch for any pitfalls that you may not see coming. Medicare is what we do every day.
- We can help you appeal any Medicare claim denials. Although they are rare, there are instances where Medicare may balk at paying for certain procedures that your physician deems necessary. We will help file an appeal and fight alongside you to get the outcome you need.
- We work for you, not the insurance company. It is in our best interest to do a good job before and after the sale. And if there is an issue with the company that needs to be addressed, we are not on the payroll of the company. We are on your side. The dictionary defines an agent this way – “a person who acts on behalf of another person or group.” We don’t act on behalf of the company. We act on behalf of YOU.
If you begin an online enrollment and have any questions or need our help, you can call us. The number will be on the website. We can pick up right where you left off and walk you the rest of the way through the process if necessary. We are here to serve you however we can do that for you.
Mutual of Omaha Telephone Enrollment
For those who would like the assistance of an agent to guide them step by step through the process, we can do your enrollment completely over the phone. I remember the days of driving 1,200 to 1,500 miles a week, visiting people and helping them with their coverage. It wasn’t that long ago. But times are different. It is hard to know if you can trust a stranger to come into your house these days. As sad as that is, it is a fact of how things are today. But now you don’t have to get the house tidy and put on your best shoes for us to
In 2012, we switched to using the telephone for helping our clients. Today, almost every company has an electronic online application that can be securely submitted. We are now also able to utilize screen-sharing technology. As we are on the phone, you can watch along on your computer screen or tablet as I complete your application on the company’s application portal. You can see our screen but we cannot see yours. Your privacy and security are of the utmost importance to us.
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, we have been working with Mutual of Omaha longer than any other company. We have seen small companies come in with low rates and be gone a few months later. Mutual of Omaha has maintained their A+ rating for many years now. Their financial stability and recent rate stability make them one of the strongest companies we can recommend. They definitely get two thumbs up from us.
For assistance, call us at 1-888-228-6119 toll free or use the form to the right. You can also enroll online here – https://expertmedicare.com/omaha
Be sure to check out our YouTube channel for helpful, educational Medicare information (LINK).
Keith Murray is an independent agent and the founder of Integrity Senior Solutions Inc. He has over 23 years of experience working with Seniors to meet their insurance and financial needs.